Sunday 14 October 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Photos: Alexander May
I know I always seem to repeat myself on my blog, but I really do love weekends. I love being able to do what I want to do, and not have work get in the way! I am sure you know where I am coming from.

This weekend, I had such an inkling to bake cookies! I am so glad that I did, as they tasted amazing!!! The fact we only have two left, and its not even been 24 hours yet shows how good they are.

I stumbled across this recipe, which I think originally came from this site here. However I have written it down for you, so it saves you jumping from here to there :)

You will need:

3/4 cup of unsalted softened butter
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 cups of plain flour
2 tsp of cornflour
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup of chocolate chips ( I did 1/2 cup of white & 1/2 cup of milk!)

Instructions:

1. Preheat the over to 180 degrees celsius.

2. In the bowl, cream together the butter and the brown and granulated sugars, until they are fluffy and light in colour.

3. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and blend it into the mix.

4. Mix in the flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt. The mix will now become more of a dough!

5. Now comes the fun part! Add in the Chocolate Chunks.

6. Add a tablespoon of the mixture onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for around 10 minutes until they are barely golden brown around the edges. Remember, they will still cook slightly when taken out of the oven. If you feel they are still undercooked, you can always pop them in for another minute or two! Its best to undercook, than overcook.

7. Let them cool on a wire rack for five minutes.

8. Then enjoy your hard work!! (Although they are really easy to make, but don't let your husband know this, as he will state he wants freshly baked cookies every day!!)

This made around 12 cookies, although we did make them quite big... so it all depends on your preference!!

Enjoy!


No comments :

Post a Comment